For Models: Outlander 800 XMR (2015-2015), Outlander 800 MAX (2013-2015), Outlander 500 MAX (2013-2015), Outlander 650 MAX (2013-2023), Outlander 650 XMR (2013-2023)
1. Loosen the Stock Clamp and remove the Silencer Mounting Bolts and Silencer.(See Figure #1)
2. Remove the (3) Bolts and Plastic Bolt located in the trunk.
3. MODELS WITH REAR BUMPER Remove the Left Lower Bumper Mounting Bracket (See Figure #2)
4. Remove the Seat
5. Remove the Gauge Panel Cluster and Upper Plastic Air Box Cover.
6. Remove the Left and Right Side Plastic Body Panels.
7. Remove the Head Pipe Heat Shield. Removal may be easier with the Battery Box Tray raised up. Do not damage the heat shield, as it will be reused on the installation.
8. Remove the Stock Head Pipe.
1. Be sure that the rear head pipe to the cylinder head gasket is installed. (replace if worn) Install the rear head pipe section and nuts hand tight.
2. Be sure that the front head pipe to the cylinder head gasket is installed. (replace if worn) Install the front head pipe section into the collector while lining up the collar with the exhaust port in the head. Some pushing and twisting may be necessary as this is a snug fit. Install nuts hand tight.
3. Install the supplied bracket using the (3) supplied M6 bolts, washers and original nyloc nuts. (Top right bolt will not use a nyloc nut. It will thread into the OE nut-sert clip.) Use the supplied M8 bolt, washers and nyloc nut on front bracket hole. (See Figure #3)
2. Slide the supplied clamp over the Silencer Inlet.
4. Use the supplied hardware to mount the Silencer to the previously installed bracket. Do not tighten.
5. Ensure proper exhaust alignment and clearance.
6. Tighten the Silencer Mounting Bolts, clamp, and Head Pipe Nuts
7. Install the supplied Heat Shield where necessary.
8. Full System Only: Reinstall the Head Pipe Heat Shield, Left and Right Side Plastic Body Panels, Upper Plastic Air Box Cover, Gauge Panel Cluster and Seat.
9. Reinspect all areas around the exhaust system for proper alignment and clearance.
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: