For Models: Ranger XP® 1000 (2018-2022)
!!! WARNING !!! Before working on your machine, make sure it is parked on a level surface with the transmission in park and/or the parking brake engaged.
1. Remove the (2) pairs of flanged head bolts located on both undersides of the cargo bed. Save these bolts, they will be used during the installation of the HMF bumper.(See Figure #1)
2. Carefully raise the bumper up to the cargo bed aligning the outer mounting tabs with the location of the holes from the previously removed bolts. Ensure the inner mounting arms are aligned with the outside of the diagonal channel of the cargo bed frame.
TIP: Having a second person help hold the bumper in place is highly recommended and makes installation much easier.
3. Loosely reinstall the flanged head bolts to secure the outer mounting tabs of the bumper to the cargo bed.
4. Using the provided (4) M8-1.25x20 Hex Bolts, (4) 1/4" Flat Washers, and (4) M8-1.25 Flanged Nuts secure the inner mounting arms to the diagonal channel of the cargo bed as shown.(See Figure #2)
5. Check for proper alignment and clearance then tighten all hardware evenly.(See Figure #3)
This bumper has been designed to clear both stock and HMF exhausts with the cargo bed fully tilted. If the vehicle has larger than stock tires, be sure to check for clearance between the bumper and cargo bed.(See Figure #4)
Hook me up! Get 10% off your next exhaust or equipment order.
Sign up for the HMF Community and receive the following perks: